1. Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about users: personally identifiable information (“personal information”), and non-personally identifiable information (“non-personal information”).
Personal information is information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities that we make available on our Site, such as opening an account, submitting or posting content, or entering a contest, we may ask you to provide certain personal information, such as your name and email address. While you can chose whether to engage in any such activity, if you do not provide required information, you will not be allowed to engage in that activity.
Non-personal information is information that does not identify a specific user. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the websites you visited before and after coming to our Site and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We and our authorized third-party service providers and ad servers may automatically collect this information when you visit our Site, as described in more detail below.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways and for purposes for which you provided the information for example to subscribe to a magazine or enter a competition.
- To send you email notifications about our products and services and special offers;
- To enhance the operation of our Sites and Applications and allow us to personalize content and advertising;
- To troubleshoot and accomplish other administrative tasks;
- To analyze our user base and usage trends; and
3. Sharing of Your Personal Information
- We may share your information with Third-Party Service Providers. We may provide some of our services and products through third parties. These third-party service providers perform functions on our behalf, like sending out our administrative and promotional emails. We may share personal or non-personal information with such service providers to send emails, administer contests you enter, provide customer service, and troubleshoot. In the case of personal information, the service providers will have access to your personal information solely for the purposes of providing such limited functions to us or on our behalf.
4 Cookies and Other Tracking Devices
We may use a third-party analytic company to track and analyze non-personal usage information. In addition, we may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Sites. These companies may place cookies on your computer in order to deliver targeted advertisements.
5. Updating and Correcting Information
We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes. To access and edit your personal information, you may update your account at by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. User Choices
You can let us know that you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us when you open an account with us. In addition, you can opt-out of promotional emails at any time after you open an account by contacting us at email@example.com.
7. Security of Personal Information
We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of your personal information. Your personal information resides on secure servers that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your personal information is safe as it is transmitted to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our Site, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
8. Links to Other Sites
9. Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
11. Contacting Us